Ethical standards of behavior are the basis for the creation of value in Grupo Energía Bogotá, as regards actions taken by its collaborators and the manner in which they generate trust between the different stakeholders with whom the company works.
Within the frame of Macro Policy of Corporate Responsibility and the Good Governance Code, and the new agreement with the commitments derived from the company's adherence to UN Global Compact, this section establishes the Anti-fraud and Anti-corruption Policies, the Ethics Code and the Ethics channel of Grupo Energía Bogotá.
Anti-fraud and Anti-corruption
Grupo Energía Bogotá is committed with a Policy consisting of:
- Zero tolerance with any type of fraud or corruption event.
- Promoting a culture that fights against fraud and corruption.
- Maintaining the highest standards of professional and ethical guidelines in the way it performs its businesses.
Anti-fraud and Anti-corruption Policy helps foster an ethics culture within the companies of Grupo Energía de Bogotá to:
- Prevent fraud or corruption events.
- Establish mechanisms to detect, investigate and remedy in an effective and timely manner all fraud or corruption events in Group companies.
Anti-fraud and Anti-corruption Policy describes some of the actions that may lead to a fraud event, which are not limited to.
It is important to report a fraud or corruption incident, because:
- It ensures transparency in the way we act with all our Stakeholders and our operations.
- It allows Group companies to learn and understand that such events do occur, and to take timely and relevant actions thereof.
- A non-reported fraud or corruption event may represent a cost, which could be greater that the event itself.
Prevention of money laundering activities and terrorism financing
Complying with External Deed 060 of 2008 issued by the Colombian Financial Superintendence, which establishes obligations to securities' issuers who are not "subjected" to inspection and surveillance from the former, as regards the prevention and control of money laundering activities and terrorist financing, the Board of Directors of Grupo Energía Bogotá approved the following manual: “Comprehensive System for the Prevention and Control of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Activities" (SIPLA- for its Spanish acronym), as evidenced in Minute No. 1454 of 24 November 2009, and appointed the company's Statutory Auditor as Compliance Official.
EEB's SIPLA manual contains policies, controls and procedures adopted by the company to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing activities.
Ethics and Conduct Code
The Ethics and Conduct Codes define the rules that govern the relationships Grupo Energía Bogotá and its companies have with administrators, collaborators, suppliers, contractors, customer and in general all stakeholders, as well as their behavior within the market in which they perform their activities.
Furthermore, the Code establishes and puts in place general behavior principles that administrators and collaborators from the companies of Grupo Energía de Bogotá must adhere to in order to adjust corporate values, the obligations acquired in labor relationships and ethical principles.
The Ethics and Conduct Codes apply to all companies that make up Grupo Energía Bogotá and it is binding upon its administrators and collaborators.
Suppliers and contractors must also behave in accordance to the Code, in the performance of their chores under contracts, agreements, purchase or service orders or any other similar mechanism.
By signing the Ethics and Conduct Agreement, administrators and collaborators of the Group commit to fulfill and adhere to the standards and guidelines contained therein. Signing of this Agreement is perfected when collaborators execute their work contract with any of the companies of Grupo Energía Bogotá, and an update adhesion to the Code is performed annually.
Our Corporate Values
Corporate values that guide the ethics culture of Grupo Energía Bogotá and frame the actions of its administrators and collaborators in their relationships with stakeholders and compliance with their responsibilities, are:
- The achievement of individual and collective results.
- Change and innovation
- Human development
Conflict of Interests
Group administrators and collaborators will face a conflict of interest event when, in the performance of their activities or responsibilities, their integrity and judgement may be influenced by the possibility of having to choose between the interests of the company, their own interests or the interest of a third party.
Following, find some examples of situations that may give rise to conflict of interests.
- Direct or indirect work relationship
- Management of presents, gifts and invitations
- Participating in transactions of Grupo Energía Bogotá or its companies
- Participation in contracting processes
The Ethics Channel is the only valid and official means to receive reports related to fraud, corruption, wrongful or illegal behaviors, consultation and ethics dilemma.
All reports received are analyzed in accordance with that established in the Ethics Channel Manual, with which it guarantees, among others, the following:
- The identity of the reporting individual, with the information and evidences supplied in the report, which will be maintained as confidential, maintaining total discretion.
- There will be no reprisals against administrators, collaborators or third parties that report fraud or corruption events or that make consultations on ethical dilemmas.
Upon completing a report, the user will be assigned a user name and password, which will allow him/her to do his/her own follow-up.
If you are interested in making a report in the Ethics Channel, you have the following alternatives, managed by a third independent party that ensures confidentiality as regards management of the information provided:
- Toll free line in Colombia: 01800-518- 2937
- Web page: Click here to make a claim
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The activities of conveying or disclosing ungrounded rumors, submitting reports or supplying information that are deliberately false or misleading will not be subject to review or follow-up.
Documents of Interest
Articles of Association
Good Corporate Governance